Monday 5 March 2012

In the words of Charlie Sheen WINNING

Yesterday was my first ever competitive duathlon which I did as a team event with my best man Iain. It was a horrendous day, 30mph winds, honking it down with sideways rain. Totally crap! Dorney lake had never looked so miserable!

A duathlon consists of a run, followed by a cycle then a run. You have to be quick on these things so I did the running and Iain did the cycling. We knew that in training we were fast but you never know what the day is going to throw at you, rain wind and a ball bustlingly cold temperature.

I was up first, it went ok, I was 20 seconds off pace but I blame that on the wind! I finished the first run in 10:31, Iain then took over on the cycle and put in a stonking time of 19:59. I was up again and went faster in the second run. 10:30 with the transitions our time was 41: 40………………..

We Won!! We actually won the Team event!

Overall there were only 3 people who went faster than Iain and myself, this was in the individual event. All 3 run for Great Britain and will probably be Olympic hopefuls. We were only 1 minute behind Olympic pace….would you believe it! To celebrate our amazing win im going for an 18 mile run this afternoon but I did allow myself a pizza for lunch. Have to beast the calories out now.

3 comments:

  1. Wowsers Dan! That is absolutely amazing! Congrats to you and Iain for doing so incredibly well. We're very proud of you and I've just seen your fab photo via Twitter so going to post it to Facebook. Champion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Maribel, I tried to upload it here but this blog just does not like me sometimes! I think we are going to go for the series win, 1 more and we get it, should be great exposure for st George's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be brilliant Dan. Let us know how you get on.

      Delete