Tuesday 14 February 2012

All aboard the crazy running train choo choo

Happy valentines day all, how many of you will be spending time with your loved ones or, like me, your loved one is a touring dancer so I will be running tonight! Marathon training going well, 3 six mile runs a week with an 18miler mixed in there somewhere. I now have a huge number of events coming up so I hope that me knees hold out.  I have an application in for the new York marathon and I've just been accepted in to the Amsterdam one. I'm hoping that everyone will have enjoyed so much of the local 'produce' that they will either forget to turn up or get a massive case of the munches halfway through the marathon....yay dans wins. As you are all really interested here is my full list this year. Not many holidays for me! Feb 18 Race your pace half marathon, Dorney lake March 04 duathlon, Dorney lake March 11 silverstone half marathon March 25th fleet half marathon April 22nd London marathon (the one and only) May 13th Staines 10k May 26th Triathlon dorney June 17 - 21 Nijmegen marches Sept 22nd London triathlon Oct 7th Windsor half Oct 21st Amsterdam marathon Nov 4th new York (unconfirmed) If no new York Athens marathon The good thing is all the half marathons are dead flat so they are perfect training runs for London. This Saturday I am going for a personal best, so far I've only done a 2:03 for a half marathon but my goal is 1:45. Tough but I hope I don't destroy my legs as I'm flying Saturday afternoon and need them to operate the rudder....and brakes!

3 comments:

  1. Man, that is a lot of runs Dan! By the time you get around to London you'll be an old pro!

    Please do look after your legs. We don't want you to injure yourself and the flying sounds exciting too.

    Happy belated valentines day everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Dan, thats inspirational! I have Milton Keynes and Liverpool half coming up in March which I hope will stand me in good stead for London.....at some stage in the near future I am going to have to attempt a 15 miler too which scares me immensely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Small steps and you will get there Jenny, little bit further every time

    ReplyDelete